Bump getting larger over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.

christina0

My bearded dragon Rango has had a small bump for a few years now. It has got larger as he gets older. It has been seen by my vet who thinks it's just a harmless growth. He eats and poops as usual, is active and sleeps and basks as normal. It doesn't hurt him to touch it. It has not been caused by contact with a lamp or light as they are well out of reach. Overnight it has turned slightly red. Another visit to the vet has been arranged. Anyone seen anything like this before?

christina0

Original Poster
58083-3380633490.jpg

It's been so long since I've been on these forums the image uploading has changed. Thanks for the info and for taking a look at the post.

Setup 4x2x2 tank. Vivexotic. Arcadia uv.
58083-9137915163.jpg

58083-7686461429.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Rango looks like a real boss dragon. :) I have seen threads with similar looking lumps. Usually a cyst, but if it's getting red you might see if the vet recommends any treatment. If this is a cyst, Google " bearded dragon cyst " to see if Reptile's magazine might have an article contributed by a vet. There may also be threads on here that you can search.

christina0

Original Poster
He is a real bossy little guy. Has been for the 6 years I've had him! He's a real little character. That's pretty much what my vet thinks too. I'll do some research on that suggestion.

Many thanks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello

Rango is a great looking dragon.?
It could also be an abscess, too that has slowly grown.
If it doesn't seem to bother him, it's probably harmless. You could consider getting it removed, also.
At least he is doing very well!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom