Dragon has undigested food in poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrw1312

So my bearded dragon is quite the crazy one, she has been really active, alert and explorative since I got her about 4-5 months ago. She doesn't hiss and open her mouth at me anymore but she is still just a little jumpy when it comes to me pulling her out. She is probably about 6-7 months old and she is close to a foot long, maybe even a foot. She is in a 40 gallon tank with a uvb strip light and a hot spot intense basking bulb 150 watt with a thermostat. I also spray her down pretty good every morning. She started getting undigested and dry poops for a bit so I got a hotter bulb (which is the 150 w I have now) and a thermostat and I have a probe thermometer sitting right under the light on her rock and I have a little pointer thermometer. I keep that surface temp at about 105-110, her hammock on the other side stays about 78-84. I feed her one good amount every morning of either crickets, or smaller mealworms and some wax worms powdered with calcium d3 every day and multivitamin with the calcium 2 times a week. She happily eats any bok Choy, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, mango, papaya, bell peppers, strawberries ect.. her poops haven't gotten any better and this morning was only a little bit of poop, was mostly a bunch of veggies and a few worms. Her temps are high enough according to everything I read but most of the time when I check on her, she doesn't bask too much. Could this be why her poops aren't digested? How do I get her to bask? Everywhere I read on how they are supposed to look and act, she is completely fine, but I can't seem to figure this out.. HELP!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He)o,

Your temperatures sound fine. Are you measuring the temperature with the probe directly under the basking site/area, correct?
Is the UVB light directly beside the basking light? Which brand of UVB are you using?
If you have any pictures of your tank set up, you can post them just so we can see everything.
Is she losing weight or maintaining her weight?

Tracie

Jrw1312

Original Poster
Yes it sits right on the rock under the light. The uvb is an 18" strip light that sits right in the middle and the heat lamp is in the back corner propped up on the strip light. I'm not sure on the brand, it was just the main one at Petco. Just got it 5-6 weeks ago. She doesn't lose weight either, grows at a decent rate.
90058-5313782953.jpg
90058-9746747566.jpg
90058-9391412348.jpg

Jrw1312

Original Poster
So I get one reply with some questions and then nothing after that? Come on I need to know what's going on

Jrw1312":23dpb4ex said:
So I get one reply with some questions and then nothing after that? Come on I need to know what's going on

did you try searching similar topics on the forum?

I've never had this happen, so I cannot offer any insight, but in reading other threads with similar issues some say it's normal from time to time and others say it could be time for a trip to the vet in case of parasites.

There are a lot of threads and conversations going all at once, so while you are waiting for a reply, it's always a good idea to do more research. The more experienced members can't be everywhere at once. :D (even if we really wish they could LOL )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom