Nail care / twisted nail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicmed

Hey all I noticed bambams (my recent rescue) nails were very long, and one is twisted to the left at almost a 90 degree angle. It's not swollen or bleeding, it looks just like all his other fingers and seems to cause no pain when touched, but I would assume his nails being so Long and the one twisted one would make things a little more difficult for him. I've done some searching on the forums, I just wanted some opinions.

I have some rocks and bricks in his tank, along with a few rather rough hides. So Im guessing that's going to help, but I wanted to know if there was more I could do without potentially hurting him or freaking him out. He's very calm, but because I don't believe in his 5 or so years that he has ever has his nails trimmed, he would freak out a little, I know my dog doesn't even like it and she gets hers trimmed about twice a month. I'm also very nervous about trimming the nails, I'd hate to cut too far and cause him harm. Would a quick dremmel hit with a tiny sanding attachment be safer? Or would that cause even more stress?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some dragons aren't bothered at all by a curved nail, it sounds like that's the case. If it's really long though you might try trimming 1 nail to see how it goes. Some dragons don't even notice when you just gently position the clippers over the nail and snip. You do have to see where the quick is, and you can have some corn starch on hand in case you cause it to bleed. Just dab that on for a minute or two and it should be fine. I don't have any advice on the other method you mentioned, maybe someone else has an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom