Hunger strike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved to a new place on April 26 and Phoenix has not been eating properly at all. Her last day of proper eating was the 26th and since then she has only eaten a couple of butter worms and phoenix worms. She has zero interest in crickets (convenient seeing as I just got my order of 500 in :roll: ). She's eaten a couple bites of collard greens too. The last time we moved it took her about three days to start eating again. I'm wondering at which point should I get worried and what else should I do?

Phoenix is 5 months old and 15 inches long. She typically eats around 40 4 week old crickets per day along with a few collard greens or baby bok choi. I try butternut squash and zucchini or apples too but she picks out the greens no matter what I try. Once in a while she gets phoenix worms. She gets 20 min baths every other day. She's on paper towel and tile (prior to moving it was carpet and paper towel). First couple days she had tile she'd scratch like crazy like she was digging, but that's stopped. She's behaving normally other than the hunger strike. Temperatures are 104 basking and 76 cool side. Last poop was today, normal but small. New reptisun 10.0 tube as of this morning. The old one was 5 months old but I thought I'd see if that was the issue...

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom