Cyst or tumor coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
For the people who had had beardies for a while and have dealt with cysts or tumors I need your help. Last year Booger woke up and a month later she wasn't eating as much, slowly losing her colors. I took her in to a vet in Oregon and he said she was fine, 2 months later I moved back to Ca, and with all the problems I had I wasn't paying attention to how Booger was doing until it came down to her losing all her fat pads, breathing hard and wouldn't eat. I had no job, no money and was staying with a friend. Somehow, I found a great vet and took her in. He knew something was wrong as soon as he saw her. She needed emergency surgery. She had a big mass and it was killing her. Fast forward to now. We moved about 7 weeks ago, she is starting to lose her color again, so far her fat pads are fine, she is eating some, not good, but her weight is still going up. I worry about what happened last year so I am making a call this morning to get her in today or next Saturday for an x-ray to make sure its not a cyst again. I will be moving her into my room, in case its just stress of having 2 more girls in the same room. Has anyone had a beardie to where a cyst or tumor has come back? I was lucky it wasn't cancer. I can't afford the x-ray, but my vet will let me do payments, so that is not a problem. I am not sure either one of us can go through another surgery again, but if that is the problem we will have to do it. The set up is perfect, so no problems there. I just need some advice on if people have had to deal with this more then once with the same beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom