Relocation stress??

Status
Not open for further replies.

monimay01

Hi everyone. I have a new bearded dragon about 2 months old. I've only had him a few days now. The first day he ate just fine, maybe 9-15 crickets. But I haven't seen him eat any since. He was on a cricket only diet at the shop I got him from, so I've introduced greens to him with some small mealworms and dusted and sprayed them. I left the room for a while yesterday since sometimes they can be skiddish and won't eat with an audience. I ended up having to remove the crickets because he didn't eat them.
Do you think this could be relocation stress? He is not lethargic and is lapping up all the water I spray on him.
I also have a question about his lighting. I have an 18in UVB bulb and a 60watt basking bulb. He is in a 20 gallon terrarium and I've read that this is the ideal wattage for this size tank. However, the thermometer on the glass is only reading at 85 degrees F. It is not directly under the basking bulb, but is this too cool for his "warm" area?? Any advice will help. Thank you. Monica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom