Fell off the ceiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was sitting near Rusty's (5 months old) tank having lunch, he somehow managed to climb up on to the roof of his enclosure (like upside down) and, of course, he came falling right now on to his basking rock. I know with children, falls always look worse than they are but as soon as he sat back upright he started waving his arm, but it was moving a bit jerk-y! He never waves! Maybe he was just scared? I picked him up and cuddled him and gently flexed his arm, it seemed a bit limp at first but it felt solid still and looked normal and he was still grabbing me with the same strength. Has anyone experienced a broken limb with a beardie? Do they usually show that they are in pain or is it possible that it is broken and he doesn't feel it? Help!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
They will show pain by black bearding and seeming lame or possibly lethargic while favoring a limb etc... One of my dragon once fell over 7 feet and was completely fine... keep an eye on the dragon for abnormal behavior and swelling. Keep us updated please.

rustyshackleford

Original Poster
Thank you, he seems to be okay, so I'm not going to worry too much about it for now. It really freaked me out when he started waving strangely, I will look out to see if he starts avoiding that arm. Poor lil dude, we put a block up on the top so he can't do it again, I swear he was looking to get back up there again and looked at us like "Huh? I can totally make it up there, let me try again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom