Fell off the ceiling!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Fell off the ceiling!

Postby rustyshackleford » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

So I was sitting near Rusty's (5 months old) tank having lunch, he somehow managed to climb up on to the roof of his enclosure (like upside down) and, of course, he came falling right now on to his basking rock. I know with children, falls always look worse than they are but as soon as he sat back upright he started waving his arm, but it was moving a bit jerk-y! He never waves! Maybe he was just scared? I picked him up and cuddled him and gently flexed his arm, it seemed a bit limp at first but it felt solid still and looked normal and he was still grabbing me with the same strength. Has anyone experienced a broken limb with a beardie? Do they usually show that they are in pain or is it possible that it is broken and he doesn't feel it? Help!
rustyshackleford
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Fell off the ceiling!

Postby Beardednoob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 pm

They will show pain by black bearding and seeming lame or possibly lethargic while favoring a limb etc... One of my dragon once fell over 7 feet and was completely fine... keep an eye on the dragon for abnormal behavior and swelling. Keep us updated please.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beardednoob
BD.org Addict

Postby Irwinshealth » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Goodness yes, please keep us posted! I hope Rusty is alright :lol:
Carrie, Properly trained by Cooper & Palmer
Irwinshealth
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby rustyshackleford » Tue May 01, 2012 10:15 am

Thank you, he seems to be okay, so I'm not going to worry too much about it for now. It really freaked me out when he started waving strangely, I will look out to see if he starts avoiding that arm. Poor lil dude, we put a block up on the top so he can't do it again, I swear he was looking to get back up there again and looked at us like "Huh? I can totally make it up there, let me try again!"
rustyshackleford
Newbie Poster

Postby Irwinshealth » Tue May 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Glad Rusty seems to be doing good. They are amazing with what they will attempt :D
Carrie, Properly trained by Cooper & Palmer
Irwinshealth
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health