Longest time without pooping??

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
What's the longest a beardie can go without pooping?

I'm getting VERY worried about Buddy.. He still looks healthy. I've posted a bunch of topics already. So I won't get into details (unless asked).
I'm just wondering, what's the longest anyone has experienced a beardie not pooping?

And any MORE ideas on getting a beardie to poop?

TRIED:
-Warm baths/soaks
-mineral/vegetable oil
-rubbing his belly

Going to try baby prune food... and applesauce.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Like people, every dragon is different.
My Jam poops every day after lunch without fail. Tsammy usually poops only on a Sunday morning (go figure). Sandy goes after 20 mins in the bath OR if she's been allowed to run around in the kitchen (tiled floor) and Mocha can wait up to a couple of weeks if she's having a really lazy time of it - normally she tends to eat very little, sleep a lot, and then go through a mad burst of eating/doing/pooping.

You're doing all the right things AND mixing up the diet - but I will ask, what temps are your tank at, what UV, and how long since last poop?

Don't forget - what goes in, slightly less comes out.

Rocky's pooping habits change with the seasons. Since the weather has turned warmer he poops a couple of times a week. However, I've seen him go two weeks without pooping in the winter. I've had to resort to the warm baths before and it always works. I have to usually leave him in there at least 10 minutes. He hates it!

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Temps- 83 on cool 95 on warm, basking spot is 102 (Just did a thermo gun reading)
I got a Reptisun 10.0 and just bought it a month a go (if that, I thought that might be the reason)

I know its been over 2 weeks. But he's barely eating anything. I've gotten him to eat in the last couple weeks, a couple cucumbers, superworms, clilantro, and started on applesauce and babyfood.
And when I list all that, I mean very little of it. I've given him baths constantly, if not daily (I work so I can't more than once a day).
I live in the Phoenix area and the vets I've called need $70 just to be seen without any xrays or additional work. And I don't have that kind of money right now. But I really don't want Buddy to suffer because of that.

IDK if it helps but I did "force" Buddy out of brumation. He was in it since November (maybe earlier)... and about the end of February I bumped up his temps and took out his hideaway. He still seems relatively active. When i take him out he runs around, I've taken him outside a couple times, and he's basking. Just the other day he had his mouth open while basking so I figure it's getting hot enough. But he does sleep alot.. most the time he's laying under a log in his tank until i pester him.

Nibbles

My vet told me to try canned pumpkin. It's too soon to tell if it will work. He did seem to enjoy it. He had it all over his face lol

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No. I gave him more applesauce and a 30min+ bath while rubbing his belly. I just want him to be normal already. He's still snuggling with me, roaming around, and everytime I look in his tank he's in a different spot unless he's sleeping.
He's normal besides not eating or pooping. =[

He doesn't look skinny, and I didn't feel anything on his belly like lumps. He's usually his bright normal color-self... You almost wouldn't even know he was "sick" or whatever.

I'm just stressed and will be much happier when I figure this out and he poops!!

Nibbles

Will he swim in his bath? Chomper finally went, but it took a loooong belly massage, oil, and then the poop came as soon as he freaked out in the bath and started swimming really fast.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I always make him swim. He hates baths so I feel like I'm torturing him. Before he would always go in the bath after he swam for a bit. I've been rubbing his belly but I don't know if I have been doing it right, read that I gotta go more to the right I guess. I'm going to try to today after work.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
If he's not losing weight, I wouldn't worry too much. Some of my dragons do the same thing for a few weeks - Mocha particularly. Vet says there's nothing wrong with her but it's always a good idea to check with yours if you're in any doubt.

Mox is just parking herself down, not doing much, not eating much. I've turned up her temps and keep hoiking her out - to no end. She pretends to be awake for 20 mins, then skulks back off to bed. She's maintaining a good, steady weight however.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I can't help but worry. He was on the regular schedule til I moved.. and the past few months have been so odd. I just want the routine back to how it was.. well at least the bowl movements a little closer together, a month is freaking me out.

But it does help to know that I may just be over paranoid.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's good, Buddy pooped!!
Yay!!

Thanks for all the help! I gave him prune food/calcium/oil mixture then a warmer bath and he pooped finally!!

bonnie

Hatchling Member
boy do i know how u feel! i got Rocky friday, after he didn't poop for 24 hours, i called the prior owner who told me he went b4 he brought him to me. fine. but now it's monday and he STILL hasn't gone. eats like a little pig, so no idea where he is putting it. i've been told try a warm bath, but getting him out of the tank is another story. he isn't used to me yet and the 2 times i did manage to get him out he was all hissy fit. this is enuff to drive ya nuts! he is acting fine, eating fine. i did coat his veggies in oil today and he ate most of them, so HOPEFULLY it will loosen him up. i can't believe yours didn't go for a MONTH?? omg i'll have gray hair by then lol

Nibbles

StaceysBuddy":3rihq1xz said:
It's good, Buddy pooped!!
Yay!!

Thanks for all the help! I gave him prune food/calcium/oil mixture then a warmer bath and he pooped finally!!

Whew! Hopefully his schedule returns to normal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom