question about black all under chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

libby

My beardie is about 1yr old.Has seemed to be in good health. a few days ago i saw 2 black spots on his chin by his beard didnt think much of it .yesterday his whole under chin and beard we black, almost to the top of his front legs.He a seems to be acting normal,eating normal.Is this normal or is he ill.Now this mornin when i got up he looked fine except for the 2 black spots. I feed him wax worms,crickets all dusted and gut filled,along with veggies and some of the fortified mix from the pet store.Does he need to see the vet.I just want him happy and healthy. Thanks in advance for any input.

bill n libbanachie

libby

Original Poster
no pic available,i didnt think to take one yesterday.now he's back to normal except the 2 black dots.my wife did soak him last night for about 15 min. my daughter had looked up on-line he might be dehydrated and that could be the cause.I did bath him sunday and he has a water dish. Is dehydration a possible cause,what else could cause this condition?

Grogshla

Juvie Member
i do not think dehydration would be the cause of this. Besides if he has a water bowl and regular baths once a week they won't get dehydrated.

Not too sure. Perhaps you can search on google and see if you can find a similar condition to your dragon. If you are really worried about it then take it to vet.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello! Could you describe or even post a pic of the two black dots on your beardie's beard? Are they tiny black dots? Have you noticed the black dots any where else on your beardie?
Have you gone over your set up with anyone to make sure everything is up to par?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom