Hasn't Pooped In WEEKS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilahFaye

I'm actually beginning to get quite worried about my beardie, Ricky. Ricky is approx. 16 months old and is about 17 inches long (he's missing a piece of his tail though.) He hasn't pooped since about November 21st (I marked the date since his pooping was already slowing down.) He eats very little bits of food and I've only been able to get him to drink water, apple juice, and applesauce and even then he doesn't eat too much. He's still incredibly alert but he sometimes dozes off in the afternoon. He hasn't gone into full blown brumation though. I haven't made any effort to force him not from doing so. Though, he did sleep for two or three days straight about a week or two ago. He basks most of the day (his basking temps are 100-110, and his coolside temps range from 78-85) Ricky is housed in a 40gal breeder and he has a ReptiSun 10.0 tube that was changed recently and is within his range. The fact that he hasn't pooped for so long has really worried me. I've even tried bathing him, but even that proved to fail. I should also mention, that he doesn't have parasites. On November 21st, we took that last poop sample in for a fecal, and he didn't have any parasites. I don't quite understand what could be wrong with Ricky. Is it normal for a beardie to go this long without pooping?

Grogshla

Juvie Member
he could be impacted. Gently rub his tummy down towards his vent whilst he is in a warm water bath.
Perhaps try different sources of food. eg crickets, woodies, different veggies etc.
Keep his liquids up and see how you go mate.

LilahFaye

Original Poster
I've tried the rubbing in the bath, but I will still continue to do so. I really can't see how he'd be impacted, being that I have never had him on sand substrate, and prior to about a month ago, he was pooping regularly. I'm ordering phoenix worms and I've already tried different veggies. Problem is, is that he's also an incredibly picky eater, so that hasn't really worked out either :|

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
try to offer him some juicy veggies like pears or some grapes, he could be impacted what leads also to death :[ but i think the pears should help him if they still sell them in shops , its very juicy and soft and helps him to poop quicker well it may look runny when he will eat the pears and then poop it out but at least he pooped, and give him gentle massages in the warm water, don't forget to leave the basking bulb at least 12 hours a day on so he has enough heat and the food is digested quicker, and if you already gaved him worms, don't give him any for a week for my lil drago the worms made him impacted, try to give him dusted crickets in either multivitamin or calcium, and also apples help him to digest the food if you don't know this then better remember this words: "After every feeding you have to leave your bearded dragon under the basking lamp for at least 2 hours to digest his food properly" when i spelled it right :oops: so i hope i helped a little, this things helped my dragon to poop quicker and if you have a lap and a keyboard a diff keyboard you can put your dragon on the old lap keyboard where its warm but i don't recommend as he will poop on it like my once did :lol:

LilahFaye

Original Poster
I guess I'll try juicy veggies, which I have already tried. More of the problem is that he doesn't WANT to eat. He denies everything I give him other than the baby food. Again, I feel it is impossible for him to be impacted. I never fed him anything too big for him to eat (it was always smaller than the space between his eyes) and I rarely gave him worms. I usually fed him crickets every day. He always basked for at least two hours before going to bed, and he pooped regularly, from every day to at least once every 2-3 days. Until a month ago, he was going to the bathroom perfectly fine and I never even changed his diet or food schedule. I dusted his food in RepCal Calcium plus vit. D3 and Herptivite multivitamin 3-4x a week, but now I haven't been able to give him either of those since he refuses to eat. Nobody here has really given me useful information, since I've tried most of what everyone has suggested. I will continue to do everything that I've been doing already (offering him juicy veggies and babyfood, bathing him in warm water and rubbing his belly, allowing him to bask for at least 12 hours,) but I mainly hope someone gives me some assurance that he will be ok.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
hm,, maybe he has stomach ache... you should just let him for some days under the basking light for the whole day , and let him run around the room maybe he hasn't got enough exercise?

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I have the very same problem with one of mine, Louie. She hasn't pooped in weeks. She did this about 2 months ago also..then she ended up having a very large poop.

She is totally fine. Kind of brumating....not eating much, lazy, etc. I am not stressing about the poop. No eating, means no pooping! LOL

I give her warm baths every couple days, and let her run around as much as she wants.

Hope I eased your mind a bit.

LilahFaye

Original Poster
Well, that does ease my mind. Ricky has also fallen asleep today and just woke up from a whole day of sleeping. He may be going into brumation. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom