blood in the stool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our bearded dragon has some blood in the white part of his stool it looks like his poop shoot is inflamed so i put some polysporen on it and it got a bit better, but i'm just wandering if there is anything else that we can do? I'm looking into getting a fecal done when we go to the vet next week with our uromastyx.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Blood in the stool can be cause by several things. The most common reason is hookworms, or a heavy load of parasites usually. Also, having to strain to go to the bathroom if they are either constipated or suffering from low calcium will cause that. Dehydration can also contribute to problems as well.
A fecal will determine whether or not he has worms or parasites. When do you expect to get a fecal done on him?

Tracie

306Beardie

Original Poster
im hoping to get it done on monday, i need to do a trip to the vet for our other reptile so i figure i will kill to birds with one stone. do you know the best way to collect a fecal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom