"Toenails" growing under legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzygirl

I have a 7 year old Bearded Dragon. I noticed recently that there seems to be "toenails" growing under her body in the area of the hind legs. They run perpendicular to her tail and there is about eight of them. Any ideas. She's seems fine in all other areas and is acting normal.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Sounds like femoral pores, its it a line that run down the inside of both back legs? How sure are you its a female? Girls usually don't have pore that big or that get long and fingernail like.

lizzygirl

Original Poster
Not sure if she is a girl, maybe she is a he. If it is femoral pores, what should I do about them? I'm trying to post a picture, but having a hard time. Thanks for the info so far.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Awwh poor guy his pores are very clogged.It can be very uncomfortable for him so its important you try to soften the area as much as possible.I recommend bathing him daily and gently wiping and massaging the area with a soft cloth.
What is going on with the vent?It looks discolored? Could you get a straight belly pic with the pores and vent in it.I want to rule out anything fungal going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom