Yellow Granular Stuff on Urate (Graphic Poop Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I found this in Bob's cage today. Are those yellow things some kind of parasite eggs? :shock:

IMG_0759.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh my goodness, I've never seen anything like that before. :eek: Did they look like they might be parasite eggs? I would say a fecal test should be done. How is Bob acting?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Bob's fine. He's his normal, active self. Up until today, he was the only one I didn't suspect had parasites. Now I don't know! I'll try to get a fresh sample on my days off to take to the vet. It's very weird looking.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes it is indeed weird looking. That's good that he's acting normal though. His urate sure looks quite solid too, was it hard?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It was not rock hard, but not really soft either. Somewhere in between. He refuses to drink water in the bath or from a syringe, so he's not as hydrated as I would like him to be.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's easier to get some to take drinks than it is with others. Hopefully his poop will look more normal tomorrow, wouldn't that be nice. :silent:

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
:shock: I would definitely get a fecal done. But pinworm eggs don't look that large under a microscope so if they are parasite eggs....All I can say is I have never seen anything like this.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am trying to determine if those are cricket eggs! It looks somewhat like them. What have you been feeding him?
That is very odd looking.

Tracie

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The only live feeders I've given him so far are superworms, and I've caught him eating salad. Lately it's been organic collard greens and prickly pear. I wash everything very carefully. I'm definitely going to take a sample in for analysis if I can get a fresh one. Leave it to me to get the beardie with the previously unheard of health problems! :roll:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is what I forgot to ask, were the granular substances attached literally to the urate & could they be scraped off fairly easily? If so, that is just built up urates & calcium excretions.
How often do you give calcium?

Tracie

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I didn't try to scrape them off, but if there are more today I will try. I've been giving him calcium on his worms 5x week, and he only eats 3-4 worms per day. I can back off on the calcium supplements a bit and see if it makes a difference. I sure hope that's all it is! I'm still going to take in a sample for a fecal.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Yes I would say back off of the calcium for a day or two and see if it goes away. And try to get more water in! If not then I would get a fecal done.. Good luck!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sandi when I first got my Miss Piggy she had very high calcium levels and a few of her poops looked like that.
But I wasn't sure if what I was seeing in her poop was calcium deposites or substrate she'd ingested before I got her. Good luck on the fecal test hope all turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom