White tip tongue with black center dot

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondragon

I took on two new dragons from a previous owner. Male/female shared 20 gal on calci-sand.

First thing I did was give them a bath (they both stunk!)

But on the male (I think it was the male...?), there was a white tip and black dot in the center. It reminded me of something from my biology class.

Both look like the size of juvies instead of year and half adults.

Any ideas on what could be wrong with the little guy's tongue? I'll try to get a picture up tonight.

MagillaGorilla

Hatchling Member
black head? lol, im not really sure but posting a picture would definitely help some of the more knowledgeable people on here

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
What you are describing is very normal for beardies. If you are worried please post a picture, but I wouldn't worry. There was a thread a couple of months ago on the same topic.a

Robin

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes...this is very normal. It seems they also come in different colors too. My beardie has a gray dot on the tip of her tongue. No need to worry!!!

Dawn :D

saxondragon

Original Poster
tongue1.jpg

tongue2.jpg

Sorry for the LOUZY! quality, but I had to video it and then freeze frame off my little old digital camera. My other cameras are at other house...

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
The tongue looks normal to me... My boys tongue looks similar, as do my girls. Not anything I would worry about.

saxondragon

Original Poster
Okay good. Glad to know it's normal and not a thing I have to fret over and try to scrape up some money for the vet! hehe

The little guy is one of the two I got off craigslist. Trying to get some weight back on him and find him a good home. :D

FattieHydra

saxondragon: looking for a good home for the little guy? i'm looking for a boy companion for my girl who's approximately 2 years old or so. she was also mini for her age when I got her but is growing nicely now and her name has morphed to fattie.
she's my queen and has been through a lot with me already, and she's very dear to me but I think she might get lonely sometimes, and spoiled :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom