beardies front arm is limp & not using it to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbmb17

Hi, i already have a vet appointment set up but am very worried . When I woke up yesterday I noticed that my bearded dragon was not using her right arm when walking she was lifting it . She did fall out of her hammock and so I thought maybe it was broken and instantly called the vet. But my friend said it seems more like a sign of md or or mbd.

Today I noticed she is still able to love the arm & lift it would she be able to do that if it was mbd?

Also if it is MBD is this reversible or is her arm gonna forever be like that :(

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
MBD is not reversible but can be stopped --- what are you using for a UVB? coil or tube ? this is extremely important

nbmb17

Original Poster
i am using the reptisun 10.0 t5 uvb tube in a 24” fixture & it has a reflector on the fixture.

If it is MBD would she be able to move it completely again?

I noticed she is moving it more today & trying to use it , but still struggling a bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure the UVB is correctly placed - where do you have it? top of screen or inside the tank -- if the screen is a wide hole type it can sit on top but it MUST be wide holed if its a fine screen like a screen door it needs to go inside the tank --- when you tell me what type I can tell you distance then - are you using a hammock in the tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom