Izzy updates, and some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Again, just a thing some beardies do at times, especially young ones. If you wanted to get X-rays again, it might show something as far as eggs go, but if the vet is just feeling her belly then that's not necessarily going to tell you anything. Be patient with her and try not to get irritated. It will only last a while.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i got izzy to eat some silk worms, i figured she would. she seems fine basking afterwards.

I don't think the egg thing is an issue. The vet knows what he's doing. he wants to get the trich gone first, so obviously the egg situation is not life threatening. I really have a problem giving the meds to her though, i'm never sure if it's going down or getting flung out of her mouth when she shakes her head about.

YvlQF4j.jpg

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hmm...i think for some reason she does not want to be under the basking light in the morning anymore, but around midday i can put her in her normal enclosure and she's totally fine with it. She ate a cricket too, tried to go after another, but decided missing it once was enough not to try again and went to bask again.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Izzy doing today?
At least she has decided she will bask for awhile now. How is her eating coming along?
Is she eating mostly silkworms or a few crickets also? I hope she is doing better & her appetite is picking up for you. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
like i said, just one cricket today...or well, yesterday now. it's in the middle of the night atm. i have a hard time getting silk worms because the store i get them from is not consistent in shipment and i doubt there's anywhere else i can get them. Greens of course are a no go, as they pretty much always have been other than a nibble here and there.

She did do something she's never done before that was good: she actually decided to take a few steps around outside. it was in the tennis court but still. i noticed she's not all that fond of other people; she hunkers down flat and closes her eyes when people walk near.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of them do get a little spooked if someone walks by, especially if they don't know them.
That is good she did get outside some to walk around then.
I hope her appetite starts picking up soon. You can order silkworms online, too if you would like to have a more steady supply of them.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, her trichamonas is all gone (FINALLY) so that's good. She's still being weird though. I found out that the heat lamp was making it 110 or more in the basking area, and turning it down to nearly half only made it go down to 96-100. I also turned it down to nearly off (about 86) to see what she'd do, but she still was acting crazy to get out. If i let her out, let her roam in the apartment for an hour or two, then get her when she's about to or is napping from being too cool, she willingly basks when i put her back and stays there for the rest of the day. She still is not well eating though.

She's going to the vet again and getting an x-ray done and quite possibly blood work today.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great Izzy is free of the trichs now! I am sure that she feels a lot better too.
Does she not like a basking spot of 96-100 or so? She does need one in that range for help with digestion & overall health, too. Does she want out all day long, or just part of the day?
Maybe you could set up a basking lamp on the floor for when she is out & running around? She could sit under it & run around then warm up when needed.
Is she still taking probiotics to help out since she has been on meds?
How did the vet visit go?

Tracie

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, that's a tough question...She DID like basking in those temps, but she's too wired wanting to get out to bask. But if i had a cave in there, i'm sure she'd hide in there the entire day where it's 76 instead like she did in the sand bin.

I can let her out and roam for 2 hours, she gets cooled off and tries to nap, and then will willingly bask when i put her back and not be so damn antsy. Still won't eat at that point though.

She did eat a few apple bits the other day. I think apple is one of her faves.

The visit was just as i expected; she's ok and it was expensive. There's no trace of calcium for eggs or anything like that, and she's about 1.04lb, she lost .04lbs since the last visit...which i think is a good thing anyway. (I think it was 1.04, i can't remember where the 0 was) The vet was thinking she would have been emancipated or something. She was also VERY active there. He gave me some stuff to put on her greens that is heavy in nutrients. Hopefully that will entice her to WANT the greens at all...

She's not on her meds anymore thankfully. Perhaps her energy is from being trich free. Does having that cause overeating and being lethargic?

I've thought about having something to hang the lamp, but i really want her to get UVs...if she's out all the time or hiding all the time and not eating enough to get enough calcium, that's a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom