Starting a new BD set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevintwenty1

Hello, just wondered if anyone can help me get started with my first BD setup.
I have bought a vivarium (second hand, from a person who has 6 set ups already). sizes are 48x15x15 (all measurements are inches). Would like to hear what bulbs people recommend for heat/uv. Been told too many different makes and wattage and %of uv bulb to take in. Thanks for your time and look forward to seeing your comments of help. :shock:

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). I will tell you what I have in my 75 gallon tank. I have tile substrate, a log, a basking spot, a hammock, a digital prob thermometer, a food dish, two heating lamps ( one is the basking hitting 105 and the other to keep the cool side warm), and my UVB light which is a reptisun 10.0 tube bulb and it sitting inside the tank wall. If you have any questions just let me know :)

kevintwenty1

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply. Appreciated and helpful. Hopefully setting my viv up on Monday and getting my BD the following Friday. Want all temps to be the correct for a few days before I get him. Do u recommend a male or female??

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I have a male and a female. I personally like my female. She is really chill and relaxed. My male is a ball of energy and is a spaz. The one thing that I dont like about females though is that they still lay eggs no matter if they mated or not. And you have to make a special lay box and all this junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom