What worms to go for in the uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm abit confused about which worms would be a good staple diet choice Kiki loves crickets and locust but I'd like to vary her diet with worms too.
I'm gonna stay away from mealworms and gonna give wax worms as a treat only as ive heard they are rather fatty.
What's really confusing is the name differences between the states and the uk so does anyone from the uk have any ideas.

Thanks in advance Nicky :D

NickyandKiki

Original Poster
Ericthedragon":3uy7ic50 said:
I'd like to know this too, we have been feeding him crickets but I'd love to vary his diet.

My Kiki loves calci worms and Dubia roaches which I just order online you have to order a fair few to make it worthwhile but not bad prices I normally use a site called live foods but be warned Kiki loved these so much he started turning his nose up at the crickets lol

there is a number of insect feeders you can use

crickets
locusts
waxworm
mealworm
fruit beetle grubs
roaches
silk worms
calci worms

some of these are qiute big so i would only feed them to large dragons.

Lisafosc

Hatchling Member
Supers are known as Morio worms in the uk, I am not keen on using calci worms just because they are tiny and go bad really quick, I use butter worms! I buy my feeders monthly at Rickslivefoods.co.uk u wont be disapointed with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom