anyone in south wales???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i know it but have never been there....ive heard theres 8 baby BDs going free there :) if i had the space i would take one on. im in carmarthen....not that well known a town and yes too much snow no sun. so much snow i am snowed in :banghead:

Yeah my poor baby hasnt good any food left now :( And I have flu... Were going to venture into town 2morrow to see if we get him so crickets he ate his last a half hour ago I really hope all this snow melts :!:

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The snow started melting today so I can start mail orderin again soon :) I drove 60 miles day b4 xmas eve to get him food. If u can't get anything from town. Try ordering from ricks and pay for next day delivery. :)

ISOM

hello!
Another "Welsh" dragon keeper - this time in Cardiff but know Carmarthen and Aberdare! Wondered if people had recommendations for local reptile shops or online for live food?

Got him some crix now so hes not going to be hungry :D I'm glad the snows melting I was getting sick of it.

As for pet shops on the treforest industrial estate theres a place called petwise they have live stock and vivs and stuff I really like it down there :mrgreen:

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
only shop i get my live food from is in Swansea. 99% of it comes from the internet though...my favourite site is www.rickslivefood.co.uk they have everything could want to feed your BD. though they are closed til the 8th of jan for xams :( im starting a roach colony in the new year though. costs a bit to set up but then i will be self sufficiant far as live food goes. then just buy some locust n calci-worms etc as treats. but heloves Dubia rocahes more than anything and they are easy to breed. so why not :p they aint cheap either so when my colony is massive i will sell the excess on here for low low prive :)

ISOM

great thanks for that! Am going to try a waxworm one first and see how that goes as a starter project...space is a bit of a problem here at the moment! Hope you'll document the hourney though so we can follow where you lead and save on postage! Wondered what the smell is like?!!

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
if you mean dubia roaches then theres virtually no smell, they cant clime the sides of their tank so the shouldnt escape, they breed quite quick, theyre live bearing so no fiddling around with eggs, if they escape its too cold to breed so no infestation and they live for ages. i love roaches. try your BD on some calci worms ;) mine loves em. and yes i will document my roach colony as it happens. will be orddering everything hopefully by the 10th of january

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom