Goliath worms/tomato worms where from?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou87

The clue is in the title! I want to get George some Goliath worms but have been to both reptile shops around by me and cant find any! The guy in the reptile shop ive not used before said he had never even heard of them?! he even said he goes to european shows and hes not seen them- i described them to him after giving both names?! '' Big green worms that look like caterpillars!!'' he then tried to sell me mealworms and Morio worms- im not sure if they are the same as each other but they arent goliath worms!

On another side George has had a few morio worms but i give them as a treat because of the Chitin being hard to digest- is this right? Also George has decided that he likes locusts more than crickets and after he has eaten locusts and a cricket runs near him he looks at me as if to say ' you think im going to eat that when i can have yummy locusts!?' the guy told me at the reptile shop ~(that didnt know what goliath worms were, and also told me walnut sand was fine) to starve him for 2 days like he does with his EVERY WEEK and then he will go back onto crickets?! im not sure i want george to starve and epecially when i asked how to tell if he was really starving (he said he would be dead!!), i dont want to take the risk i dont think!

So basically i want to treat george like a king and treat him to a goliath worm and dont know where to get them in the midlands, England? help! I did post on the general 'feeders' board but thought this might be a better place

Advice please? x x

Warrior

Hatchling Member
I been researching this online, apparently they are illegal to have in the UK without a specific license because they are regarded as a pest.

Strange innit :shock:

loulou87

Original Poster
Guys,
I have found a site called butterworms.co.uk, they stock some worms called nutri-grubs, they are from the same family as the goliath worm so thought you might be interested. Im going to have a look through the site and see what else is around and if i fiond anything interesting i will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom