A sanctuary operating in the GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to let everyone know that I am here to offer my support from the greater Toronto area, I will offer insight in any way I can. We can help with most services, refer you to a proper Vet, rescue, sanctuary or research facility. Here to support bearded dragon ownership.

That being said I myself work in microbiology and currently we are doing a lot of research into the renal system - something we hope to benefit all reptiles,

there are also projects underway for liver, thyroid, metabolics as a whole.

The biggest and most important sector of our business is Natural research. We have with the help and insight of many exotic pet owners, veterinarians, conservationists and scientists have made many breakthroughs in naturopathic remedies and reptilian health.

Ask, we might know.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This will be super helpful, thanks! We have a few active members on here from Ontario. Do you have any first hand experience with the small animal clinic at University of Guelph?

RhapsodySanctuary

Original Poster
I am quite a bit further east (about 5 hours) than Guelph, but yes actually, I had a minor issue with a senior ball python a couple years ago, and that is where I ended up. Mostly we work with people from neighboring Zoos and research facilities.

Our original bearded dragon actually was purchased from Reptilia, which has since been turned into a full time education and research facility.

A thriving industry we've got here, I'm happy to be a part of it.

RhapsodySanctuary

Original Poster
Aside from all the super technical stuff, I personally house over 100 bearded dragons right now, 36 full adults, 12 juveniles, and the rest are babies; I really hope that I can share all of the things I learn and have learned along the way, it's a bumpy ride. Most of the adults are rescues, only my breeders did I purchase from other breeders.

There's the hope that other people can learn from both the hard lessons I learn and the dragons that are here that should have a legacy in this world.

We did this to them.

I signed on here, and read some of the hundreds of comments in my region (I specifically did some keyword searches of my city) and it breaks my heart knowing how many people never got a response.

Those poor dragons.

I will do my best to point those I can in the right direction, and to those that can they are welcome to stop in and see everyone, and ask me any thing.

I sell my baby dragons too, but that's a different story.

I'm just here to help, for the dragons I have. This is all for them.

- From Peterborough Ontario.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear from someone who has experience with the animal hospital in Guelph. I've sent a few folks their way when they needed a reptile vet. It sounds like you have quite a large operation going! I hope you're able to help lots of dragons by sharing your knowledge and experience on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom