Moving from New York, to Alberta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiko

Hey everyone :wave:

I am currently in long island, New York, in November, I will be moving to Lethbridge, AB for college. I have looked into the details, and I would really prefer to bring my dragon, Spike.
I'll likely be flying, since driving 4 days is not feasible, or affordable.

What are shipping costs like to send a big beardie that far, into Canada from the states? :(
Would it be possible to ship him to Montana, and cross the border to pick him up?
These were options brought up to me, and I wanna know how realistic they are, and if getting him to where I am is realistic.

In the event, that getting him to me is not possible, my sister will care for him. But I am very attached, and the idea of leaving him behind is upsetting.

Thanks in advance! :)

Delphenus

There are two things that you need to have if you want to fly your Beardie in a carry on case on the plane. Amarican airlines requires note from an MD, and a note from a professional psychologist saying he is an "emotional support animal"! Then you can carry him on.

I chose to drive my Beardie across country, but if you know doctors who will write the letters, you might be able to carry him on the plane with you. Call the airline you are using and see what their rules are. Alaska airlines has less strict rules. You are lucky you have your sister as a back up, but I know how attached you can get to those sweet Beardies! Good luck!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
You need to fill out CITES paperwork as well. Whenever you bring in an exotic animal into Canada(or into the US) the paperwork needs to be filled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom