Dubia Roaches??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiTimothy

Yeah that's why I made the switch from crickets and even started a dubia colony of my own.
But not all hope is lost!
There are worms you can give your beardie: Silkworms, butterworms, Black Soldier Fly Larve(aka Phoenix Worms/Reptiworms/Calciworms,) and hornworms
And superworms for dragons longer than 16 inches

hiTimothy

Yes they can replace your crickets as a staple, specifically the Black Soldier Fly larve or butterworm. When properly dusted and stuff they are very nutritious and a good alternative to crickets or dubias. You shouldn't feed any one type of worm forever; you should offer a variety of foods to your beardie including fresh greens and veggies
Waxworms are higher in fat and should be fed as like a treat every so often

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
You have to remember that all of these feeders can be VERY expensive for Canadians. Even if you buy online, shipping out east is very expensive. If you can start a colony up of horns, silks or butters(hard but not impossible, just tedious) that would be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom