Beware Montreal's Reptile Shop !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Proud to be Canadian and I just moved to Montreal recently. It's a nice city but very cold in here. For those who live in Montreal like me, if you want to purchase any animals, you have to be careful when you go to a reptile shop called " Mangazoo Reptile" which is on Belanger street. There are many things that I hate about that reptile shop and one of them is that they're not very friendly if you cannot speak fluent French !! That's right. I know my French is bad since I just moved here not too long ago and I also know that you should speak French in Montreal but is it really that important ? They just walk away from me when I started to speak English ?? The second reason is they will give you A LOT of false info !! It really irritates me when I saw they house their 3 weeks old beardies completely on sand in a small dirty tank + when I asked if these are too small to be sold , they said " These animals are very TOUGH from the day they are born so they will be fine and these little guys will eat anything you throw in like mealworms , butter worms, wax worms, etc " then they threw in 2-3 ADULT crickets and a few wax worms to give me a demonstration. At that time, I really wanted to give them an educational talk but my French is limited so I let it pass. Eventually, I just could not stand the view at those poor baby beardies. Because this shop is the only one near my place so sometimes I have to buy a few live feeders for my reptiles. Another unpleasant sight in the shop is when you see these adult dragons cramped into a very small place (even smaller than the tank for the babies) with a basking light right above their head and a dish of Iceburg lettuce. Gosh, every time when I come into the shop I just feel very unpleasant and disgusted but for the sake of my reptiles, I have to visit them at least once every week. As a matter of fact, these people really give me a bad impression on Quebeceurs. Man, this makes me miss my old days in Toronto :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom