Sand???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmagee

Omg its like its everywhere and no where at the same time.

Walmart - has it - seasonal item - not in stock
Cdn Tire - has it - system said 27 in stock - none

Im looking for playsand that meets reptile standards, not repti-sand or any reptile branded sands.

gmagee

Original Poster
I'll ask the home depot by me when I go back to work. I think I remember looking there but I never really asked(such a guy thing - wander a store for an hour, never break down and ask for directions) - so who knows maybe they have it and I just couldn't find it. The other places I have been have been confirmed fails though don't worry (haha)

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I know that Rona always has it in stock, bought it there a few times.

...forgot to add so you do not wander the whole store :lol: You will find it in the outdoor garden supply area where they sell bags of soil, lava rock, gravel, etc.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can always use newspaper instead of sand, as sand causes bacteria, but only if your beardie poops in it. If he does it's impossible to get everything out without changing the whole tank & then putting new sand in. So if he doesn't poop outside the tank (like in his bath) then any kind of sand is a bad idea. Not for impaction, playsand is very fine & I've never heard of it causing impaction like calci-sand, but just for the bacteria build up. Anyway, just a thought. I have 5 adults & they've been on newspaper layers all their lives, it's reallly easy to clean up. I guess it helps that I live in an apartment building & get free newspapers every week, but it's just a thought.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I personally use tile, and love it. I also decided not to use sand for the bacteria issues. I have read that because it can be difficult to keep clean it can also start to smell.

gmagee

Original Poster
Yeah I use newspaper currently and I'm tempted to just leave it as it is due to its easy cleanup. The only issue I have and could be solved with another heavy object is he likes to move the newspaper. He is set on cooling off on the glass of the tank so he pushes the left side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom