Grey appearance and spotted stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellonzz

Help! My juvenile beardy is acting strange, we recently brought her home from the pet store, she was super friendly and loving
She still is for the most part, but I noticed when I woke up this morning that she had new patterns on her stomach, I had never seen them before so I started to get a little worried. I have also noticed sometimes that she starts to lose color, instead of being golden she turns grey.
She seems to gain her color back and lose the patterns once I take her out of her terrarium.
She also sometimes jumps away when we go to pick her up, but than grabs on when we try to put her back.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Yeah knowing your lights and temps , as well as a photo of her will help others here to try to help you
Also you said you recently got her, how long ago?

Mellonzz

Original Poster
Okay, thanks.
We got her about a week ago, but she was already a couple months old, still small though.

I took her out of the tank for a while, her color came back and most of the spots as well, except for the ones on her neck/chin area they faded but still somewhat visible.
I will try and get a picture of her.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
The spots that come and go are referred to as “stress spots” sometimes they are from stress, illness, incorrect lighting effects etc - but sometimes even happy content dragons get them so they aren’t always a sign a stress- but can be.
It’s common for dragons to become lighter when out of their viv though. My boy is 10months and he looks green in his viv and yellow and orange mix when out of viv.
Also a week in she will still be settling in so that could play apart also.
Because there are so many variants in why they present a certain way it’s best to pop up pics of her and your set up so some a lot more experienced than me ( I’m only a month into owning my first dragon) can see if they spot any possible causes or any signs of distress or illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom