Help!!! Heating issue in winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsubaby

Hello!
I have a bit of a problem; i have a che and wht not but im scared that the upcoming winter will bot be good at all. My windows leak in air. And sometimes the window cracks open by accident and is forgotten about tell its to cold.
Is there a good way to insulate a beardie enclosur or buy something to help him warm up better? Or keep him warm?? Help!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have a leaky old house too. I also like to have it cold at night so it's often down into the 50s inside overnight during the winter. I just have a heat projector bulb in the tank hooked to a thermostat that turns it on when the temps in the tank drop below 65, bringing them back up between 70-73. That seems to work well. I have a glass tank so it doesn't provide much insulation. The wooden tanks with the set top have much better insulating properties and don't tend to require as much additional heat on cold nights. A good CHE should be able to crank out plenty of heat though. Just need a bump into the high 60s or low 70s overnight is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom