Bearded Dragon lover, older mom in THOUSAND OAKS, CALIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to connect with any other herp fans, especially those who are like me, or in my 'situation' which is husband and kid have ZERO interest in my reptiles, it's all MOM, ME, lol!
Just got a BD after having an elderly one pass last year, sold all my cornsnakes,, have one little kingsnake( mean!) and hope to have at least one more BD or iguana at some point as long as it is an adult 'rescue'.

slove829

Hey there, Orange County mom here. :) I too am the herp lover of the family. lol. The kids do love animals as well but they're just not as obsessed (yet). The boyfriend... well let's just say he has a ton more fun with the dubias lol... but I swear I can feel him staring at the tank when I'm sleeping and no ones looking.

I've kept all kinds of herps and other animals all my life, but just got into BDs recently. I used to breed high end Leopard Geckos until about 2 years ago when I had to move and I'd ended up selling all my breeders and have been herpless for a couple of years... until last month when we picked up our first 2 beardies. A couple weeks later that same breeder had overstock so we ended up getting two more for real good prices so now we've got our 4 fat beardies. :) I totally love Beardies more than Leos... I used to love breeding Leos due to the amazing colors and different morphs but I totally love how beardies each have their own personalities (unlike Leos, they have one personality... run from everything).

Anyway, nice to meet you and glad to see a fellow mom in the SoCal area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom