Any AZ reptile forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Just wondering if there is a local reptile forum here in AZ... I would imagine so.. lol

Also.

I am from Buckeye so if you are around me.. gimmie a shout!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Hi there!

Gilbert, AZ here! :mrgreen:

There's at least a few of us on this forum in AZ - the Phoenix metro area specifically, even!

twinim

I also live in the Phoenix area. I have been visiting this site for the last week or so as my daughter (7) and I want to go in on a beardie together and have been doing a lot of research to ensure we do it correctly. I was also wondering if there are good breeders here in the Phoenix area instead of going the Petco or Petsmart route.

We don't have our setup yet, but we are researching the stuff and going to start piecing the setup together so we are fully prepared.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Hey I live in Gilbert, AZ and two of my four beardies have come from a local establishment called Wild Side Pets. They are located in Mesa and focus mainly on exotics. We also purchased both our geckos from them and our Savannah Monitor. They are extremely knowledgeable on beardies and reptiles of the like. They will sell you the correct set-up, and anything you NEED for your beardie. They carry the best supplements and any questions you may have will be answered. Frank our oldest male beardie is our very first reptile. He's almost two years old and going strong. We still bring him to visit his pals at Wild Side Pets, and he still gets excited to see the staff! Not only do they profit off of reptiles, but they are also a rescue as well. Chloe our female beardie came to them starved and on deaths door. The staff knew she needed to be in a loving home to make a full recovery and not in the back room at a pet shop. They asked us if we would be interested in fostering her and sure enough we took her home that afternoon. It was a hard road to nurse her back to health, and Wild Side was with us every step of the way. They paid for her vet appointments for the first 6 months and her feeders too. Once she was back to health they understood when we said we couldn't give her back and didn't charge us anything for keeping her. Today Chloe is one of our biggest and most loveable! We also remember the day our Savannah Monitor was brought in to Wild Side, he was left on their doorstep in a card board box... Wild Side nursed him back to health and took excellent care of him for 2 months and then allowed us to purchase him for an extremely discounted price. Again they were there for us and still are when we need anything. If you decide to stop in and take a look if you have any questions ask for Jason, he'll take excellent care of you! Hope everything works out and you find the perfect beardie!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom