Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
Not sure If I'm posting in the right spot just got a breadie, she/he don't know the sex about a week ago I call her Lizzy. She is 14 1/2" from head to tail and so sweet.... She looks really skinny to me. Brought some Giant Meal worm's for her that's her favorite, eats about 10 a day. MY QUESTION Why she is not eating her greens? She loves oranges. (Hand feed) How do you get her to eat her greens I have read up on breadie. And that is 80% of there diet. Fruits and veggies I have try kale, collard greens, parsley Turns her nose at them all. Should I take away the worms???? and Cricket's she has cricket's as well...

Please help
Thanks in advance anyone, just really concerned. Is she really old? She/he is such a sweetheart just want the best for lizzy/ziggy
qs5cgi.jpg

Static

Hatchling Member
Hello first off and welcome
And about the greens ,have u tryed putting the,worms in her greens so sge has to eat the greens to find them ,thats what I dud for my beardie ,also it also seems like she miggt still be young ,how old is she?
I have also just quit giving them feeders to get them to eat their greens

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Static":14carn1j said:
Hello first off and welcome
And about the greens ,have u tryed putting the,worms in her greens so sge has to eat the greens to find them ,thats what I dud for my beardie ,also it also seems like she miggt still be young ,how old is she?
I have also just quit giving them feeders to get them to eat their greens
Hello and ty static
What a great ideal. Will try that tomorrow. TY I have no ideal how old she is, but she is big and long 14 3/4 inches long and about 4 inches wide but skinny, not taking well care of, so thinking maybe an older lizard??? I Don't know! Got her from my daughter's boyfriend's friend and really no info on her what so ever. But glad I have her. So sweet...Thank you for the reply and will update PLEASE LIZZY EAT YOUR GREENS....Don't want to lose her..so skinny.....

Static

Hatchling Member
No problem , well based on her size ithink she is under a year or just at ,but she could of stopped growing ,what type of lighting do u have ?and what type of substrate , because sand is no good ,its better to have like paper towels newspaper ,but the best is tile .

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Static":2guxb5tr said:
Hey how's ur beardie doing and is she/he all white
Hi Static,
Thanks for asking she is doing great, She is so sweet loves to be held. btw the sand part I thought calcium sand was good for them????? that is what I'm using for her. but anyways no not white anymore she was when I frist got her, I guess stress. but her head is a golden yellow, get's bright yellow when I take her outside also has a baby blue spot kinda big on her arm. Which she goes out eveyday. Still not eating her greens but loves carrots, cantalope, I guess orange is the color she likes, worms chickets going to look into the superworms or reptiworms tomorrow. per Janiej advice. Lighting she has her basting light over 12 hour a day. 75w and has where I can turn it down, plus going out in the natural sunlight. I do have the night time light but don't use it. The red one. I think that's why she is getting so much color on her, overall her body is still brown. and she is getting fatter :D Thanks for asking about lizzy, will post some more pics showing her color. Have a great night. :D

Static

Hatchling Member
Glad to here it and its great that she is doing good ,this is an article on why sand is bad http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=132151and reptiworms are great but don't over buy them ,buy the smallest batch first and see how fast you go through them so that u don't waste ur money (speaking from experience) supers are great ,but I switched over to dubia roaches and they are fantastic .and sorry to here about the greens but if she is eating fruit at least that is a step towards greens . And the lighting is great if she goes out side ,but I would still get a uvb bulb for her just in case u can't take her outside .and your welcome have a great night .

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Static":29r413jp said:
Glad to here it and its great that she is doing good ,this is an article on why sand is bad http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=132151and reptiworms are great but don't over buy them ,buy the smallest batch first and see how fast you go through them so that u don't waste ur money (speaking from experience) supers are great ,but I switched over to dubia roaches and they are fantastic .and sorry to here about the greens but if she is eating fruit at least that is a step towards greens . And the lighting is great if she goes out side ,but I would still get a uvb bulb for her just in case u can't take her outside .and your welcome have a great night .
Hi
Just got superworms for her today, they had no reptiworms. OMG they are big but she loves them stopped at 10, along with 5 cricket's but have 3 in her greens along with her carrots and cantilope. Still trying to get her to eat her green's. LOL no roaches for Lizzy, I pay to have them killed lol probably not dubia she and I are getting used to the worms. The uvb is that the red one or a different one? I see you are in Arizona, So you are hot to like where I live 110 today. anyways got some picture of her outside today so thought I would share, btw are they different type of breadie's? by the pic's can you tell me what type she is? Thank you so much for your help static really appreciate it.
212wmj4.jpg

kf3976.jpg

Hope she get's more blue like her arm :D

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Hi Static
Went to the site you gave me, getting rid of the sand tomorrow will get tile thanks again Static. Really do appreciate it............

Static

Hatchling Member
O problem glad I could help ,and she looks like the earth colors ,but there are all diffrrent color morphs then there is silkies leatherbacks and normals ,she looks like my beardies charlie and stella , but u should check the my thread I will give u the url to my babies and stuff

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Day by day lizzy is getting more blue on her now up around here face area and upper arm on both sides now. Got rid of her sand and now have repti carpet which she likes along with newspapers where she poops at. Good lizzy always does her business out on the grass. Take her out everyday for like 5-10 minutes wish it was more but so hot out 108 today. Even liz has her mouth open. Will update with picture she even got a new background for her tank, look's pretty cool. She now has super worms but still not eating her greens, but does get her cantilope daily, along with ck's which is her favorites, but the only thing is we keep finding them around the house, will not give to her as we have the house sprayed for bugs so throw them outside. I personally want to thank janiej and static for all your help.
Hugs Have a great night :D Lizzy's mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom