Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Hey There!
I just wanted to say how beautiful I think Lizzy is. She is a lucky lady! Good move on the carpets, sand can really be a pain to them.
Are you still taking her out every day? I know in our hot part of the world that can be hard. If you can't, the answer is definitely a UVB bulb. It's probably the singularly most important thing our dragons need. It seems that some of these UVB bulbs can be a bit tricky to use or rough on them though which is why a lot of members seem to suggest getting a reptisun 10 don't get the 5 it seems to be completely different : ) I hope this helps you. It was something that the pet store completely neglected to tell me about when I got my little guy.
Did you get Lizzy to start eating any greens yet? Let us know and post more pictures please of your pretty yellow and white dragon : )

Mirthy

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Can anyone
me help with Lizzy? She has her mouth open alot? and is cold when I pick her up in the morning? Was doing great till I got all these lights everyone was telling me to get. She grew alot since I have had her. Has gotten fatter and still not eating greens........Before all these lights....She was doing really good. She has her basting light on for 12 hours a day, now her UVB light only do that one for a couple of hours a day, Am I doing something wrong? :banghead: Stactic JanieJ anyone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lizzy's mom Deserthummingbird

Static

Hatchling Member
Only timemy dragons have there mouths open is when it gets to hot in there enclosure ,and the lighting situation I leave my. Uvb bulb on all day and the basking light too on one side of the tank , at night I turn off the uvb but trade the basking light out for a ceramic heat lamp for them , and also my house stays around a steady eighty degrees. Morning or night ,the greens thing could be she just dosnt want them or something because I have ta dragon that only wants her greens and nothing esle then I have some that only waant thiier feeders so I guess it depends on the dragon andwhat they figure they need , but I. Have figured out that certain dragons will only eat certain ways ,like conrad my newwest he will only eat feeders in a bin ,my older dragons will only eat from feeder tongs and then my younger ones eat from metal cat food bowl I bought at walmart that the feeders can't climb out of .for the beeing cold part is by any air vents for fans ,and dose she have a heat lamp at night ?dose ur tank have a hot and cold side ?hope this helps
Static

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
the reptisun tube doesn't give off heat so it should not make your dragon gasp at all. Gasping is a self regulating heat but you probably already knew that. Check the temp of your basking spot with either a temp gun style thermometer (petco had one for 29.oo home depot and lowes have them too but they are more) or with a thermometer with a probe attachment ($12 and change from Walmart) and you can get a reading right on location. As long as there are cooler spots for your dragon to move to there shouldn't be a problem? I have my reptisun on 13 hours a day.
Are you still using the same basking light? Or is it stronger?

here is my very basic baby set up. Obviously, I'll be moving to a much larger viv shortly. I can't wait. My husband and I have been going over all sorts of ideas.
20110820_10.jpg

Sorry for the horrible picture quality. my camera has been acting up. You can see my reptisun 10 right in the viv. My basking spot is slightly off center because that keeps the tank temps right where I want them all around. My cold side is 80F and my basking spot is 105-112F since this is for a baby. Inside the cave it gets to 77F...never seen him go in there, though. I do have fun with my temp. gun. :D Normally there isn't a wash towel in there but Norris, my dragon fell asleep on it when I had him out and I just transferred them both back to the viv and let him wake up and leave it normally. You can see baby Norris holding on to the rock on the top of his cave on the cold side. Far more often he is on his basking tree.
I hope this helps. My laptop has been freezing and doing odd things (one of the reason for all the edits. It keeps freezing and I lose stuff) but I'll try to keep checking back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom