Black scab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolasmom14

My beardie has a black scab on his back foot. What is it from and is he okay!?!? I have searched and searched with no luck. Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that's definitely a scab or a growth of some sort. How long has it been there? Has it appeared to grow or spread? It may be healed over from an injury or it could be a growth. If it looks like it causes discomfort or if it looks like it's growing or spreading I'd bring him to an experienced reptile vet for an exam.

Woolasmom14

Original Poster
Just noticed it a couple days ago. Doesn't bother him to touch or anything. He is quite a jumper and explorer. Has little black/gray spots all along the underneath of his legs

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The spots under his legs are femoral pores. They're used to mark territory. They're completely normal and nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom