Heating situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardoom

So the pacific northwest winter is steadily approaching. And I am looking for some opinions related to ceramic bulb heaters for Alduins tank. Any suggestions or comments are more than appreciated. Thanks again.

mikewithsfi

Hatchling Member
A suggestion, during the night use an infrared bulb, if you expect the room the tank is in to get cold. The infrared will add the needed heat, but will not effect your beardies sleep.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
I have to disagree, 'night' lights can be seen by beardies. It will disturb their sleep. Ceramic heaters are the best for night heat.

I live in the Seattle area....and temps are dropping, and we don't always leave the heat on at night.

Draper has a 75w ceramic heater hooked up to a thermostat. Wen the temp dips below 70, the CHE turns on and heats until it's about 75-78, then turns off, so it only runs at night when it's cold. We set up the CHE in the corner where he sleeps the most.

Both the CHE and thermostat are ZooMed products we bought from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom