Size Concerns

Nik153

i am a first time Beardie owner. owned my beardie for a little over a year now but he is only 14 inches. He eats everyday no lack of appetite, very active. I have no idea where i went wrong and I worry i screwed up somewhere. Can someone please give me any advice. Thank you very much. He had is most recent shed about 2 weeks ago.
Also i can't seem to figure out how to post a picture

*EDIT*
Recently Been feeding him superworms, and turnip greens once a day, have a 10.0 UVB 13 watt Reptisun bulb and a 100w 110v infared Heat bulb. Depending on the temperature in my apartment the highest point of his basking area, which he loves to sit, is anywhere between 95-110 degrees.
I did get him from petco which I know realize is not the best place to get them from.
Also did a little research and found that Petco typically has Pogona vitticeps, which can be anywhere from 12-24 inches. Don't know how accurate that is tho.

111691-208493099.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
The size of adult dragons can vary but he is a little on the small size.
How many supers and how much green is he getting a day? Have you always fed him once a day?
He should be getting two meals a day and allowed to eat as many greens as he wants a day. I'd personally be feeding around 20 supers a day, see if the extra protein will help boost his growth.

Nik153

Original Poster
Gail":1n7oddje said:
The size of adult dragons can vary but he is a little on the small size.
How many supers and how much green is he getting a day? Have you always fed him once a day?
He should be getting two meals a day and allowed to eat as many greens as he wants a day. I'd personally be feeding around 20 supers a day, see if the extra protein will help boost his growth.
i feed him till he wont eat anymore, after his first 1 or 2 feedings of superworms he did end up shedding. when i first got him it was multiple times a day but due to my current job working 12+ hours a day monday - thursday i feed him in the morning.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom