basking light question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountaindew

hello my question is, can my basking light be angled from the side kinda in my viv. i had it on top but the expanded metal screen was blocking too much light and heat. the only way i could fit it inside was to mount it off to the side pretty much as close to the lid as possible. i wasn't sure if coming from the side would damage her eyes.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is best to keep the lighting directly overhead. They are better able to manage it and self regulate that way. If the screen is blocking too much heat I would move to a higher wattage bulb. You may need to try some different wattages until you get it just right. It varies from setup to setup. I use a GE brand PAR38 Halogen flood light and it works well at about 24'' in my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom