Winter Freeze (Please Respond!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

Does anyone around Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, ect have any tips for dealing with below 0 weather? My house gets extremely chilly in the winter and im worried about my tank shattering from the extreme heat difference of the inside to outside of it :!: :!:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't run into any issues like that in the winter. Some nights get quite cold and the house will drop into the 50s so I have a ceramic heat emitter over the tank hooked up to a thermostat so it will kick in and keep the tank between about 70-73 overnight as needed. The difference in temperature under the basking light/inside the tank vs outside doesn't cause a problem with the tank itself.

Killjoy01

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3m8ydrs1 said:
I haven't run into any issues like that in the winter. Some nights get quite cold and the house will drop into the 50s so I have a ceramic heat emitter over the tank hooked up to a thermostat so it will kick in and keep the tank between about 70-73 overnight as needed. The difference in temperature under the basking light/inside the tank vs outside doesn't cause a problem with the tank itself.
Thank you, do you have a reccomendation for the brand of ceramic heater? All the reviews on Amazon have less than 4 stars saying it doesnt do anything i dont want to worry about her freezing mid winter cause it gives out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom