Ohio Bearded Dragon Lovers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys !
I wanted to see how many people in Ohio have some happy and healthy bearded dragon stories and even pictures of their beautiful Beardies I also wanted to ask about stores and advice like "did you go buy from a pet store or reptile store or if you ordered from a breeder or if you know any in Ohio"
I don't typically hear too much about Bearded Dragon owners in Ohio (I mean I know of course people in Ohio own them) but you mainly hear about places in California or Florida even you don't typically see breeders in Ohio or hear experiences about buying morphs that you see everywhere else such as Citrus and Reds and Etc
So what's your experiences in Ohio ? I'd love to hear about it !

I went to the local pet store to get my son a another catfish for his gold fish tank where the sales person informed me that the previous one had probably been killed by the ammonia released by his 4 year old fair gold fish. As I was consoling a kindergartener's broken heart and explaining he would not be able to replace his freind "Move-it" the catfish, a lizard charged to the front of its tank and followed my son as we paced in front of the tank. Now I know he was just attracted to the lime green coat he was wearing. He held him and he seemed to enjoy interacting with us. I had never heard of such a freindly reptile. I promptly was out voted by my son and wife and could not counter the logic of "He Even Chose Us". This is the setup I have after lurking this site. He is a great friend and I tend to him with love as he had become a member of our family. I'm in South West Ohio and absolutely love our little freind and am posting this story as a thank you to this site. I have no advice I'm a noob. I buy crickets at the pet store sometimes every other day 100 at a time so no feeder advice. From what I can tell he is a regular bearded from a pet store so no rare lineage. But I love my beardie, wanted to repay this site with our story from Ohio, and you needed a reply
85236-1352483700.jpg

illuminis

Hatchling Member
breardedbeardiedaddy":2r77etsg said:
I buy crickets at the pet store sometimes every other day 100 at a time so no feeder advice. From what I can tell he is a regular bearded from a pet store so no rare lineage. But I love my beardie, wanted to repay this site with our story from Ohio, and you needed a reply
85236-1352483700.jpg

If you're buying that many at a time from the pet store you might want to looking into getting a 10g tank with a screen lid or making your own such as a 10g tote and cutting holes in the top and hot gluing screen over the holes. Ordering crickets 250 or 500 at a time online. I just got 500 for $17 including shipping.

Thank you for the good and appreciated advice. I had looked at it but to quote the Grinch "Oh the noise, the noise, noise noise". With a small house I would think the 1000 I was going to order would be a bit too much to bare. I am thinking of maybe using his original 20 long to either store crickets in numbers or starting a colony of something in my shed when it gets warmer and I think by next winter he might be ready to switch to more vegetables.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
I just got some that arrived today (3rd order same place) and they really arn't that noisy. I suppose once it is closer to summer maybe but at the moment there is very little chirping. I do know though the ones I have are "short wing." I found that out through personal emails with the owner.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'm in central Ohio and got my goober from midnight dragonz, an area breeder. Jennifer has some lovely dragons, especially her reds. I think they go to most area shows too.

I loved seeing all the gorgeous Buckeye dragons!

I have 4 adults and live outside of Cincinnati. Our first dragon came from a pet shop. After that, one came from a breeder at the CinCity Reptile show; the third was a rehoming brokered through that same pet shop, and the 4th came from "I Heart Beardies" in Lexington, KY. They have gorgeous reds and sometimes come to the Cincinnati show. I bred one clutch and kept two babies from that.

There are some good things about being a Beardie owner in southwestern Ohio. It it often warm enough to take my babies out for a swim in the summer. There also is an awesome exotic vet down here who really knows his reptiles. My gang gets great care.

I do have problems getting feeders between shows, so I have learned to stock up. However, I gave one of my babies to my nephew who lives outside of Cleveland. Does anyone know a good place to get bulk crickets , etc. up there? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom