Reptile rescues

This forum is for topics that are very specific to mid-western areas of the US.

Reptile rescues

Postby jbrungardt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:37 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hi all,

I had a situation that has now passed, but made me realize that I don't know of any reptile rescues in the area. I did a quick Google search and found nothing once I really started digging. So, does anyone know of reptile rescues in the Kansas City area?

Thanks,
Jill
jbrungardt
Newbie Poster

Re: Reptile rescues

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:27 am

I'm not sure that there are many around. There is a cat rescue near me in Iowa City that also rescues reptiles but it's not their main focus. Have you been in contact with anyone from this organization? http://www.kcherp.com They may have more local information.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby jbrungardt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:39 am

CooperDragon wrote: Have you been in contact with anyone from this organization? http://www.kcherp.com They may have more local information.

I will contact them. Thank you! I might see a rescue starting in my future.... :)

Jill and Gryffin
jbrungardt
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:51 am

I'd love to start a rescue too. Someday when I have enough space for it perhaps =). Coincidentally my last rescue dragon came from Lawrence, not too far from KC.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby jbrungardt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:07 am

CooperDragon wrote:I'd love to start a rescue too. Someday when I have enough space for it perhaps =). Coincidentally my last rescue dragon came from Lawrence, not too far from KC.

I actually live about 10 mins from Lawrence. If you don't mind me asking,where in Lawrence?

Jill
jbrungardt
Newbie Poster

Postby onceblue » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:44 am

Another suggestion - try searching for Facebook groups. There are a couple of reptile rescue groups in my area who have facebook pages but no active website.
onceblue
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:28 pm

He was rescued out of a store that closed and the woman abandoned him inside. The nice people who run a pool store nearby got him out and saved his life and we adopted him from them after they posted on here requesting help. It was on the western side of town/western suburbs I believe. A little over a year ago.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby jbrungardt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:17 am

onceblue wrote:Another suggestion - try searching for Facebook groups. There are a couple of reptile rescue groups in my area who have facebook pages but no active website.

This is a good idea. I will try this too. Thanks~
Jill
jbrungardt
Newbie Poster

Return to United States - Mid West