Any Minnesota peeps here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Hey there!

I'm in Minnesota and thought it might be nice to see if we have any other Beardie lovers in the area. :)

Here are a few things I've learned are available in the area.

1. I got dubias from a former dragon breeder in Farmington. He's not currently breeding dragons, but he is still breeding Dubias and they were super cheap. 200 dubias for 10.00. I plan to breed my own Dubias, but not until January, so it was nice to have a local source for that that isn't .50 cents a bug like at Twin City Reptiles. Here is a link to an old CL ad so you can call him or email him: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/pet/4108493216.html He was really nice and helpful.

2. I Have been to TCR a couple of times now and I actually have quite a few things that I didn't like about it. It is a neat store and it does have a lot of great animals and feeders, but the enclosures made me sad. They were overcrowded. I would say over 50% of the beardies were without tails or part of tails.

3. When talking to the guy about feeding my baby beardies he insisted that not feeding meal worms to baby beardies was a complete myth and that they do it all day every day and anyone who says you can't is perpetuating a lie. So, it was a little off putting that he was so closed to something so solidly backed by education and care sites about Beardies.

I'm very new to lizard ownership and we also have two leopard geckos that aren't doing nearly as well as our beardies. But after running all around town to find all of the ingredients to make gecko soup/slurry, I finally got something into their bellies, so I have some hope that they will live. I was so stressed out. I would get up at 2am with a flashlight to see if my geckos had eaten or pooped. LOL It's really quite embarrassing. :)

~Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom