Local Breeders in Minnesota!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im looking to purchase a beardie, and i have looked at TCR in store and i like the store and atmosphere but i want to explore my options. if anyone knows any breeders or speciality shops please post

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
I also am looking for a place to pick up a beardie here in MN. while im ok with buying from a breeder or i suppose even a store, i would prefer to buy a rescue.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I can not be of much help with your questions, but I wanted to say welcome to the site to you both! :D

Tom, of TND dragons is across the lakes from you, cmapplebeck, in PA. He has nice babies and is a reliable breeder with lots of experience in shipping.

As for beardies that need to be rescued...ncc74656 try craigslist.org :wink: most the ones I see on there in our area could really use some rescuing and lots of TLC.

Again welcome to the both of you! :)

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
tyvm for the warm welcome! i hope to have a beardie soon!!! im super excited. ty for the info i will check them out but im looking for more local breeders so that i dont have to pay shipping... just gas lol

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
You are welcome!
I will look around in the morning to see if any of the breeders I know and would recommend are in your area. :wink:

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
im trying to find a breeder that may have a couple month old beardie, ya know cuz i have a tough scheduel but other then working im going to devote all of my time to this beardie because i want this to go right!

nahuelarg86

Hatchling Member
Hey, I'm in Minnesota too! The breeder that I know from here is called Exotics & Aquatics. Seems like this guy has been around here breeding beardies for years. Many people now this place here, in the beardies world in MN this place is rather famous. Actually, I bought my beardie from a guy that bought it from Exotics & Aquatics.
Here you can check the website, but I believe they are not having anything until spring, but I might be wrong:

http://exo-aqua-store.com/

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
hey thanks for the site! i looked around online for some reviews and saw some nasty things..... about the shop but it could be from just a few ppl with a bad exp. who knows. but none the less it still kinda of deturs me from wanting to purchase a beardie from there. i shall keep looking and if i find a beardie breeder i will post info if i have the breeders disclosure.

ps.
E&A have been breeding dragons for 15yrs. the lady that i talked to from the store said they breed about 500 dragons a year.

nahuelarg86

Hatchling Member
Yeah, I saw the reviews before, it's just me that I don't pay much attention to that stuff. But anyways, you might as well go to the place and check it out, nothing to loose.
When I was looking for breeders here to buy a beardie, I couldn't find any besides E&A, TCR, or Leaping Lizard. So, maybe you should consider the option of buying online.

xMissMae

Where in Minnesota are you? I bought my first beardie from Leaping Lizards in Burnsville. I really liked it there, the woman who worked there seemed to know quite a bit about the animals she took care of. She owns a few of her own as well. She just bought 10, one month old red beardies from her breeder. There were a few hypos in the clutch.

Here's their site: http://www.leapinglizardsreptileshop.com/

Jess

Extreme Poster
I convinced the OP to check out Leaping Lizards, and they ended up adopting one of the adults they had there! :D Dudley was adopted from Leaping Lizards too. He loves coming back in for visits!

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
yup i did get an adult beardie and here he is
419840_2932285740713_1068108765_2952318_678373847_n.jpg
his name is Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom