Local Breeders in Minnesota!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im looking to purchase a beardie, and i have looked at TCR in store and i like the store and atmosphere but i want to explore my options. if anyone knows any breeders or speciality shops please post

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
I also am looking for a place to pick up a beardie here in MN. while im ok with buying from a breeder or i suppose even a store, i would prefer to buy a rescue.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I can not be of much help with your questions, but I wanted to say welcome to the site to you both! :D

Tom, of TND dragons is across the lakes from you, cmapplebeck, in PA. He has nice babies and is a reliable breeder with lots of experience in shipping.

As for beardies that need to be rescued...ncc74656 try craigslist.org :wink: most the ones I see on there in our area could really use some rescuing and lots of TLC.

Again welcome to the both of you! :)

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
tyvm for the warm welcome! i hope to have a beardie soon!!! im super excited. ty for the info i will check them out but im looking for more local breeders so that i dont have to pay shipping... just gas lol

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
You are welcome!
I will look around in the morning to see if any of the breeders I know and would recommend are in your area. :wink:

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
im trying to find a breeder that may have a couple month old beardie, ya know cuz i have a tough scheduel but other then working im going to devote all of my time to this beardie because i want this to go right!

nahuelarg86

Hatchling Member
Hey, I'm in Minnesota too! The breeder that I know from here is called Exotics & Aquatics. Seems like this guy has been around here breeding beardies for years. Many people now this place here, in the beardies world in MN this place is rather famous. Actually, I bought my beardie from a guy that bought it from Exotics & Aquatics.
Here you can check the website, but I believe they are not having anything until spring, but I might be wrong:

http://exo-aqua-store.com/

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
hey thanks for the site! i looked around online for some reviews and saw some nasty things..... about the shop but it could be from just a few ppl with a bad exp. who knows. but none the less it still kinda of deturs me from wanting to purchase a beardie from there. i shall keep looking and if i find a beardie breeder i will post info if i have the breeders disclosure.

ps.
E&A have been breeding dragons for 15yrs. the lady that i talked to from the store said they breed about 500 dragons a year.

nahuelarg86

Hatchling Member
Yeah, I saw the reviews before, it's just me that I don't pay much attention to that stuff. But anyways, you might as well go to the place and check it out, nothing to loose.
When I was looking for breeders here to buy a beardie, I couldn't find any besides E&A, TCR, or Leaping Lizard. So, maybe you should consider the option of buying online.

xMissMae

Where in Minnesota are you? I bought my first beardie from Leaping Lizards in Burnsville. I really liked it there, the woman who worked there seemed to know quite a bit about the animals she took care of. She owns a few of her own as well. She just bought 10, one month old red beardies from her breeder. There were a few hypos in the clutch.

Here's their site: http://www.leapinglizardsreptileshop.com/

Jess

Extreme Poster
I convinced the OP to check out Leaping Lizards, and they ended up adopting one of the adults they had there! :D Dudley was adopted from Leaping Lizards too. He loves coming back in for visits!

cmapplebeck

Original Poster
yup i did get an adult beardie and here he is
419840_2932285740713_1068108765_2952318_678373847_n.jpg
his name is Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom