SWMHS (southwest Missouri Herp Society)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Does anyone have any contact info for them? I sent a membership check back in June, but it was never cashed. An email to their membership addy never got a reply, either. Just curious if they're still active.

Virus

Hatchling Member
I know this is a late response, but I'm from Springfield, MO (though I'm currently deployed and away). I've kept an eye on the site, but haven't noticed any updates. I recently sent an email to, I believe, the person in charge.

I certainly hope that there is some activity in the Society, as I was hoping to join when I made it back home.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Virus":27hyoq4e said:
I know this is a late response, but I'm from Springfield, MO (though I'm currently deployed and away). I've kept an eye on the site, but haven't noticed any updates. I recently sent an email to, I believe, the person in charge.

I certainly hope that there is some activity in the Society, as I was hoping to join when I made it back home.

Thanks! Got your PM by the way (will be taking care of getting that sample out soon!). It just seems odd. My check I sent last June has never been cashed. :(

Virus

Hatchling Member
Wow, I didn't even make the connection between here and the gut load thread. Thank you for being able to send a sample out.

On a note of the Society, it is sad that things seem to be at a standstill. Perhaps, if I email all of the individuals listed, then I may be able to get some information from someone. Hopefully there will be something to learn. I don't have the experience to really take charge of anything, so I can't go do something crazy like starting up a society myself.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Virus":2zohymgu said:
Wow, I didn't even make the connection between here and the gut load thread. Thank you for being able to send a sample out.

On a note of the Society, it is sad that things seem to be at a standstill. Perhaps, if I email all of the individuals listed, then I may be able to get some information from someone. Hopefully there will be something to learn. I don't have the experience to really take charge of anything, so I can't go do something crazy like starting up a society myself.

Although we own property about an hour and a half east of Springfield, I'm afraid I'm in no position to help either not even being in the state. I'd hoped to start making connections for when we do eventually move down there. And having been a part of our local bird club for many years, I know how important membership support is to local societies.

Virus

Hatchling Member
If you don't mind me prying. Where is your property in MO, and when do you think you'll hop down to this side of the state border?

Never hurts to make connections with local (well relatively local) herpers, right?

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Virus":1pd7flbg said:
If you don't mind me prying. Where is your property in MO, and when do you think you'll hop down to this side of the state border?

Never hurts to make connections with local (well relatively local) herpers, right?

We have land in western Douglas county. It's always been a "rolling 3-5 year target". As in every year, I say I want to be down there in three to five years. :banghead: Sooner, rather than later, for various reasons. But got to find a way to replace the "day job".

zac

i live in mountain home arkansas if you know where that is( it is about 2 hours from Springfield.)

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zac":19s4brhd said:
i live in mountain home arkansas if you know where that is( it is about 2 hours from Springfield.)

I do. I'm not sure how far we are from Mountain Home, but I think it's around an hour. Very cool!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom