St. Louis reptile convention 12.27.2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
Anyone here going to the St. Louis reptile convention on the 27th? My girl and I will be there.

I will be the guy with a blue Mohawk and handlebar mustache!

Brian.

I was there and totally saw that blue mohawk walking around :mrgreen:. Its too bad I didn't find this sooner I would of said whats up!! Did you buy anything?

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yep that was me! Well I almost bought a baby blue tongue skink, and I was looking real hard at those wicked red Uromastyx's toward the middle of the show. But the only thing I got was more Dubia and all the supplies for my girl to get a Chinese Water Dragon set up going. Which she now happily has. I am going to do my research on the Uromastyx and hopefully have a set up ready by time the next show comes around!

Brian.

Yeah I need to get a dubia colony going too. Those Uromastyx looked real cool I liked the one with the blue head! Im more partial to the neon green and black ones over the reds. There an awesome looking lizard though I've considered buying one myself. Where did you end up getting your Water Dragon from?

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Only place in town that we could find one was PetsPlus in St. Charles. They had a real nice calm baby, about 9 inches long all together. They where a little high at $29.99 but it's healthy and captive bred! And as I said very calm. They also had a fire skink I almost bought! Those just look cool.

Brian.

I haven't been in there for years but they keep a clean store which is always a plus! Have you ever bought from any out of state breeders online? I got my beardie from Jonathan at breedingcircle.com and he runs a good show, shes doing great. The names Eric by the way I had a blue Cobra commander shirt on at the show.

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can't remember who the breeder that I got my boy from at the October show was. HE is doing great too! He is reduced scale Sand Fire, Clear nail. He was 5 weeks old when I bought him for 30 bucks! That was a deal and half if you ask me! And I'm Brian. Don't recall seeing you at the show, but then again I was more interested in the animals then the peoples! I'll be at the march show also.

Brina.

Yeah thats a hell of a deal!! So reduced scale is that the same as a leatherback? The show wasn't bad I wish they would of had more beardie dragons there but I still walked around there 5 times or more and came out with a great price on a light fixture. Yeah I'll be there in march too. We'll have to bring pics of our dragons and show them off like a couple of proud pa's!! What part of the StL do you live in?

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Reduced scale is in between normal and leatherback, just a lot smoother than normal but not quite like a leather back. Yeah the show in October where we got our dragons had a way better selection. Maybe they will have more in March, I would like to buy a leatherback then. I have a house in High Ridge, but I'm staying with my girlfriend in St. Peters till July or so.

Well hell Im in High Ridge too off of Little Brennan yo! When you make back this way let me know Im new in the High Ridge area the g/f and I just bought a house out here and we're always ready to grab a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom