Size Concerns

Nik153

i am a first time Beardie owner. owned my beardie for a little over a year now but he is only 14 inches. He eats everyday no lack of appetite, very active. I have no idea where i went wrong and I worry i screwed up somewhere. Can someone please give me any advice. Thank you very much. He had is most recent shed about 2 weeks ago.
Also i can't seem to figure out how to post a picture

*EDIT*
Recently Been feeding him superworms, and turnip greens once a day, have a 10.0 UVB 13 watt Reptisun bulb and a 100w 110v infared Heat bulb. Depending on the temperature in my apartment the highest point of his basking area, which he loves to sit, is anywhere between 95-110 degrees.
I did get him from petco which I know realize is not the best place to get them from.
Also did a little research and found that Petco typically has Pogona vitticeps, which can be anywhere from 12-24 inches. Don't know how accurate that is tho.

111691-208493099.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
The size of adult dragons can vary but he is a little on the small size.
How many supers and how much green is he getting a day? Have you always fed him once a day?
He should be getting two meals a day and allowed to eat as many greens as he wants a day. I'd personally be feeding around 20 supers a day, see if the extra protein will help boost his growth.

Nik153

Original Poster
Gail":1n7oddje said:
The size of adult dragons can vary but he is a little on the small size.
How many supers and how much green is he getting a day? Have you always fed him once a day?
He should be getting two meals a day and allowed to eat as many greens as he wants a day. I'd personally be feeding around 20 supers a day, see if the extra protein will help boost his growth.
i feed him till he wont eat anymore, after his first 1 or 2 feedings of superworms he did end up shedding. when i first got him it was multiple times a day but due to my current job working 12+ hours a day monday - thursday i feed him in the morning.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom