May as well get started and already needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beenut

I as most posts I have seen while lurking on this site am new to bearded dragon care taking and I thought It would be best that I get started on this forum while I can before I hit any huge bumps. I got my little beardie (Taco) about a week ago and things have been running surprisingly smooth up to this point. I got him the starter set for desert reptiles by "All Things Living" and I would say it has come with just about everything I need. I have been able to get him a platform close enough to the light to reach 90-110 and I make sure there is always some greens and water in his bowls. One thing that concerns me however is since he little (can't give the exact age but he is around 5-6 inches long) normally he would chow down on the crickets I feed him, but today he didn't want his breakfast that he is always so eager for. I didn't think much of it so I left the cricket in there for him when he was hungry, but when I came back he still hadn't eaten it. I'm trying not to worry about it since I am guessing he is just eating at his own pace but just recently he pooped and compared to the others it didn't have much whiteness in it. His activity hasn't slowed and I would say he is acting normal besides the eating part. Any help appreciated and I will have pictures of his setup and the poop I am concerned about below.

[/https://gm1.ggpht.com/wOEBLvdd7TdiBuyleuGykaF75dzTUKqml9tLjehX9tQ1vS5X56kxAsVHzjYdlTNBj5FFQfgkOLdJFHq8g_tMxwSdgDOVI-gauEHxFx4meX8-hnPHGnEANEljF0FO0nddDE6uN9dfPlLV-Ht8yXu5CxGf5WYn8BesD48tgeFzwxEQmYrPcseEleyVy5nLTw5alAqBgxW8W_-nH_OHGzVT1qwzSLZuhk3ayoaxKH61xa6K9pjRWj1tqVNw9I9haiu3a4wvVFovqbVLDjeGLnZKcZzyo4DTgRncN3rHUFSKAUJ0G4LRGd4GcOYLFm_X-whJCsTP6cMTFy-jOhpT1aLvMLrGNWJSyQaS8FevzHM-tP9tzfH7b-v52Mu26Zi3RywkDnW-OBBAloDFa0O4uUPqLjPFbUTA1bml-ztbcanYHs7eE2Ijuq1qI002ht6O9rVDYSKL0fOpGWU-Yy_6xXOM7dginhnq5rlmIzqX6Zvn1pkWeDx8cwbTvcNuIYGK-o6xiMlWuwrkwjn8O_L7q3Jps1t7AYEnj6v8TLKopWA77EFc2CTXlW7A-xrBDoEElwdEhcZFasIeEdETN-u_0xNxwG2Wpzikaa1PYgV4qe6_v7mcGwMAmmSiOhpcuHziO6rIdaPhEg6_NHx1jmo6kKwnp8tIc1VQkX80GTdDN-B-bdjm0QotXYTBjFb8ZdU=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft]

[img][/https://gm1.ggpht.com/RfL0XMrSRMjlip8sWJSFyIgljoGgSZUguoDRi3_0NypYfYYZIQWg9UJDJFY4WKdbr1A2sr8urA-Qx6JrlyBmF4QUwzJ3l8F_goze87R_HpMS7g1GGZbgJljf8HZ-BUoMuoiya7kX5xqrfhOfzZfvnbiVRfz7YxOqlJxxCm0xElDvzVe009NoZUjq9RYmKPW66sBG51dkurgE3NPDSeeY494K0MEvfEqGcoGXy4V4k9jim_NlLafXHIqk7sP2YRqNnOei2hDIudn5kf8NC6ta8_2HHSMm96q23QJfkRxWjG0ugQ-bvnbVtn9CeSTD0FBELHAmscz5JVtnmz58eZt_MrWuH8kKLr3ogHs44101iNumbLrfN7BmuXNkMn2fyhzzH_sb2hoN1WXh7q3dWYRCsKv7mtUB4F1LInmOjypkSfIa0UZIFnQrwtxgZL5eFSR28EpdINKwlXvJquWk7pj_S_nJ-wEK--ldRcqpkS4fB4vpA5BpC9HXmQ9TAqmeKWHjTdRQMxIr91OuaG-CP1tzO55KK30UB1rFmEQLpnPLBAKmc1IZHEuGmEhLUR-S2OpuCcjG7VWzbNXPnFGCs9erOdb2cuRogM5FLFMhDbd0AhR-J6J32wzC-69iRLPcCel_wNCwsaUyD-4BRQgokze651JaY-lEI2ARl6A18rAIpMWAN2ijtse6hUAx9pM=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You may want to edit the original post and remove those first links. They are making the page display in a way that makes it difficult to read the text.
The second photos showed up though. The all living things kit doesn't come with very good lighting so I would upgrade that.
Is he able to get onto and off of the platform easily? It looks like it may be a bit steep. You might be better off using a stronger basking light
and setting the platform a bit further to achieve the same temps. The UVB light won't be sufficient for him though. I suggest replacing that
with a 22'' T5 bulb and fixture. They produce UVB levels closer to natural sunlight and can reach 12-14'' away easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom