Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammysmommy

Hi all! I live on the coastal side of Fort Lauderdale, so we're evacuating today. My beardie is about 6 months old and lives in a 4 by 2 viv. I'm going to have to keep her in a 20 gallon tank until it's safe to come home. We're buying as many crickets as we can before we leave, and bringing collard greens & butternut squash. I'm just extremely worried about keeping her in a small enclosure for I don't know how long. And of course, temp control. I have no idea what I'm doing, can anyone help me?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you're getting out of the way. This looks like a nasty one. If you have a big tote bag like a soccer bag you could keep her in that while you travel and let her roam freely if you have a safe area for her to do so. Otherwise the small tank should be OK for short term if you can take her out a bit sometimes. Do you have any bugs to bring with you in addition to the veges? Black soldier fly larvae/phoenix worms work well because they just sit in the container without needing much care. If you'll have some access to electricity you could bring a basking bulb for warmth. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it much and bring her outside for sunlight if it's safe to do so. They can be pretty tough in a pinch and the temps down there won't get dangerously cold so heat packs and that sort of thing probably aren't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom