Our Visit to NERD 9-1-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
It took over a year to finally coordinate a date to get up to NERD and get the upstairs tour. It was worth the wait!!!

After two and a half hours of "Are we there yet?" from our kids we finally arrived!
IMG_1183_.jpg

IMG_1185_.jpg

We walked around the store for a few minutes waiting for Kara. Lots of great stuff to look at! Sorry, didn't take any pics.

First she brought us into the rodent room. There must have been thousands of them! Of course, our 6 year old daughter wanted to hold some but Kara told her she had to wait until AFTER we held snakes, so they wouldn't think we were food. Again, no pics.

In the first reptile room we were greeted by an alligator!
IMG_1104_.jpg

Gila Monster
IMG_1106_.jpg

I'll apologize for not knowing most of the morphs, please fill in the blanks.
IMG_1107_.jpg

IMG_1112_.jpg

IMG_1126_.jpg

IMG_1128_.jpg

IMG_1130_.jpg

IMG_1133_.jpg

IMG_1138_.jpg

IMG_1139_.jpg

IMG_1140_.jpg

We didn't get to see the Blood room. She had just gotten back from Daytona and everything was shoved in there. Next time!

She left us with the BP's and came back with 2 pre-killed mice to feed the Kookaburra's. They were awesome!
IMG_1119_.jpg

One drawer she opened had a Cobra in it!! Which our daughter insisted in getting a close up look. We had to push her back a few times (no fear).
IMG_1121_.jpg

IMG_1124_.jpg

Here's the BP room.
IMG_1131_.jpg

My fave!!
IMG_1132_.jpg

Ivory
IMG_1135_.jpg

Blue Eyed Lucy!!
IMG_1136_.jpg

This is a snake she was calling "Something" (not sure if that's the right name). But as we were holding it she changed it to "Divot" because he has a big divot in the side of his face. A bit hard to see in the pic.
IMG_1144_.jpg

At NERD they have 3 of the 4 known albino Water Monitors.
IMG_1151_.jpg

IMG_1155_.jpg

IMG_1156_.jpg

This one is very tame.
IMG_1154_.jpg

My daughter petting the Water Monitor. Did I mention she has no fear?
IMG_1158_.jpg

Rhino/Blue Iguana cross in shed.
IMG_1159_.jpg

Rattle snakes in the office.
IMG_1166_.jpg

IMG_1168_.jpg

Kevin's new peacock.
IMG_1169_.jpg

Kara's chickens in the back. Not the best pic of her, sorry. She collected some eggs and gave them to us!
IMG_1173_.jpg

Red Tegu eating and egg she dropped.
IMG_1176_.jpg

Wally!! We actually didn't see him while we were there. After we left and ate lunch ("Booger Thing") we went back to get a few shots of the building, and I found Wally out basking.
IMG_1179_.jpg

The tour was supposed to take about an hour. Even though she had hours of work cleaning up the Blood room she spent 2.5 hours with us, even showing us the chickens (we must have spent over half hour out there) that she rarely shows people. She invited us to come back next June/July when the eggs are hatching.

WE'LL BE BACK!!!!!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Omg,awesome pictures!!! :shock:
I love the alligator and white snakes the best :D Thanks for sharing with us Dave :D

So what exactly is "NERD" and where is it?
Can I tag along next time you go? :mrgreen:

connors14

if this is in new Hampshire my ex gfs god brother works there ive met the alligator when it was living at his house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom