Need source for Reptisun 34/36 10.0 HO T5s

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I've had a horrible time trying to find/get/order Reptisun 34/36 10.0 HO T5 bulbs.

Does anyone know of a reputable source in the NE US where I can order them?

TIA :notworthy:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well I know you have had a bad experience with Amazon, but honestly I've ordered probably 2 dozen bulbs from them and they have all been fine. I'm not sure if any of them actually came from an amazon warehouse, or if amazon was just the middleman. I know for sure that buyers I've used on amazon have been petco and Chewey... but I won't even open that wound with you.

All that's to say, I would try ordering from amazon again.

Here is a link to a 2 pack for 40~ bucks. For me it says i'd have it by monday..
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26062-Reptisun-Fluorescent/dp/B0759V1WWG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=reptisun+10.0+ho&qid=1573759260&sr=8-1

Note it is being sold by a company called "sparkfish". Not by amazon itself.
But once again, I've ordered bulbs for years like this, not necessarily caring about who the seller is, as long as it's prime and I get it here quick, I know that amazon will take care of it if I have a problem..
You asked for reputable, and for me, i've never been let down by amazon. They are highly reputable in my books.

Just my suggestion. Don't kill the mess... suggester lol :D

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":3l802mpj said:
It was that one--or one very similar--that we ordered from, and got T8s (calling them HO), which Amazon still hasn't completely resolved. Like many/most, we've done a lot of business with A over the years. Probably won't kill that, but until one issue is resolved, we're reluctant to throw good money after bad.

Besides, it never hurts to have a "Plan B".

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":3bj1qv3j said:
Did you read the reviews on that link? 1/3 of them were 1 star. Things like:
  • Only buy if you want boxes full of glass.
    Product came smashed and unusable
    _____Comment: Same issue twice!! Amazon sent a 2nd time and they were destroyed ______________again and we have a HUB HERE!!
    Broken
...and the 3 star review:
one came in broken

That makes it 44% bad news.

I didn't see "sparkfish" anywhere--it said, "Sold by Boon Sales and Fulfilled by Amazon."

Sorry, but we've had enough of this kind of thing. We'd rather pay a couple bucks extra and get what we paid for, packed properly, timely, and in one piece.

Don't kill the mess... suggester
BANG!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I did see the reviews, but like with anything, people are more inclined to leave a negative review than a positive one. If I left a good review for every time i bought them, that percentage would be a lot lower. Point is, take it with a grain of salt. Most of those reviews are also quite old.

Anyways, not that it matters. In the end it's your money, so you have to spend it where you feel comfortable.

MrSpectrum":1x7phan4 said:
I didn't see "sparkfish" anywhere--it said, "Sold by Boon Sales and Fulfilled by Amazon."
Ah, it must be a location thing. They pair you with the company that is closest to you I'm sure. If I search through the sellers I see boon sales as an option. However amazon recommends me use sparkfish.

MrSpectrum":1x7phan4 said:
Don't kill the mess... suggester

BANG!
*in Mufasa's voice* You deliberately disobeyed me!

:mrgreen:

All joking aside, I really do hope you get this all sorted soon. Talk about initiation by fire into the beardie world.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2pepf8bi said:
Yeah I did see the reviews, but like with anything, people are more inclined to leave a negative review than a positive one.
Lets test that out for a moment.
The temp gun I bought: 80% 5 star ratings
The UV meter I bought: 100% 5 star ratings
The T5 fixture I bought: 56% 5 star ratings

Looking at the 22/24" bulb, 62% 5 star ratings. Most of the 1 star ratings I skimmed were for the same reasons--lousy packaging/broken bulbs, but enough customers were satisfied that the overall rating was still (almost) 4 stars.

I could go through everything we've bought on Amazon (or eBay for that matter) over the last year, but that would be TMI. We have similar results with everything we order on Amazon. In fact, most--if not all--of the items we purchase there have excellent (overall 4 star or better) ratings--or we don't buy them. No offense, but IMO that sorta blows this argument out of the water.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok well then don't buy it from them, but realize that is rating for the product itself, not a specific seller. It could have been 1 or 2 bad sellers a year ago who didn't package the bulbs properly. It doesn't matter, amazon keeps the ratings.
Anyways it really doesn't matter. It wasn't a point worth arguing, I was just making a comment...

I don't know what to tell you. You've just gotten unlucky and unless you find one in person, you're just going to have to accept the risk that there is a chance your bulb will come in broken, no matter who you buy from online.
However, many of us here buy our bulbs on amazon; and to be frank, you're the only one i've seen who has had this much trouble. It's just bad luck.
Personally, I'd just try again with amazon but you do whatever you want. Hopefully you can just get a working bulb soon.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1xia4q3w said:
You've just gotten unlucky and unless you find one in person, you're just going to have to accept the risk that there is a chance your bulb will come in broken, no matter who you buy from online.
Do you realize how much you're sounding like a shill for Amazon? I'm not saying that you are, but geez, let it go.

I'm sorry I didn't make the subject, Need source for Reptisun 34/36 10.0 HO T5s besides Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom