Please offer advice on where to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbd314

New potential buyer for my son. I've done a fair amount of research so far and attended a show to try and learn a bit more. I'm in PA and initially was thinking of driving to a breeder to avoid shipping (my initial thought was shipping couldn't be good for the animal however I'm learning that this doesn't seem to be the case?). Primary concern is a healthy animal/pet. Would certainly like an attractive beardie but good, healthy pet is first concern vs. rare genetics/$$$$. I exchanged email with one breeder that gets mixed reviews and I was a bit turned off from my exchange with them. I would really appreciate advice on who is reputable based on your experience as well as should I not limit my search to what is within a few hours drive? Thanks so much for your help!

Mysty

Juvie Member
I'd personally consider rescues if there are any local to you. People often give up beardies at a young age and as long as the beardie is healthy (alert, able to walk, run, eating, pooping etc) then a rescue will make an excellent pet.

The 'normal' types are generally hardier than morphs and will still have interesting patterns and colour changes as they shed.

Best of luck sourcing your beardie.

sbd314

Original Poster
Thanks for the thoughts on rescues. That's a good idea and I'll look into that as a possible option. I'm still not 100% resolved to the commitment this will be. Perhaps others were not when they bought one, hence no doubt a number of rescues out there. I'm sure they can be happy pets and rewarding to care for, but need to make sure we're up for the long term commitment. My son believes he is; however, I'm not sure. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom